RICE Cooking Contest
Saturday, September 15th, 2018
The cook-off is open to anyone entering an original, unpublished recipe, written as well as prepared that includes rice or a rice cereal as a primary ingredient.
- RICE DESSERT
- SEAFOOD AND RICE
- MEAT AND RICE
- VEGETABLE AND RICE
- Amateurs only. No professional chefs, restaurant operators, dieticians or home economists are allowed to enter the contest.
- Contestants may enter one recipe per category with a separate entry form for each.
- Dishes must be prepared at home and ready to serve upon entry. Contestants must provide a method of maintaining the proper serving temperature.
- Each contestant must submit a complete entry form and a typed or printed recipe, providing specific ingredient information, stapled to the prepared entry form. The contestant’s name should not appear on the recipe.
- Entries will be judged on the basis of flavor, originality and presentation by a panel of qualified judges. The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries will be accepted in any type of dish. Entries may be garnished, but decorations may not be used around entries.
- Entries will be accepted until 10:30am on Saturday, September 20th at the cooking contest tent. Entries must be picked up after prizes are awarded.
- There will be one winner from each category and one grand prize winner.
Recipes will be judged on the following:
- Rice and/or Rice Cereal as one of the ingredients Originality
Each category will be awarded a First Place, Second Place, and Third Place Ribbon. There will be a trophy for the Grand Prize Winner.